Re: MAC Spoofing Prevention in Wireless

Op 8-7-2011 21:30, bjesmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx schreef:
The concept is fairly straight forward. The AP looks to see if there are 2 MACs of the same on the network and disallows the second one on the network. Not having worked with the Aruba yet, i would try a deauth attack against the mac you are going to spoof and then try to get on. If you can deauth that client and get on before it, you might be able to get in.
Your answer indicates a lack of knowledge. A layer 2 MAC address is the only differentiating thing on a wireless network (with the exception of certificates, which, no doubt, are being used in the Aruba network) for different stations. You cannot tell the difference between MAC and MACclone, hence you cannot if there is more than one MAC address active and thus not 'disallow the second one'.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • RE: Tool to find rouge wireless access points?
    ... and an Ethernet ASIC from another, and retains the MAC addresses supplied by ... If you are detecting any AP that is going to connect to your network, ... install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this guide we ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: HP LaserJet 3015
    ... connected to the wireless network. ... me guidance how to configure the Mac pc to print to the printer. ... Open System Preferences and select the "Print & Fax" Preference Pane. ... assume that in the window that opens you will see no printers in the ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Airport Express - Share Wireless Connection
    ... Mac A connects to the hotel WiFi network, ... enabled to share from Airport to Ethernet. ... Any other computers connect to the wireless network created by Mac B. ... Mac A will have a single NAT layer to the Internet. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Password Managers
    ... Subject: Password Managers ... I'm looking for a Password Manager that will work across Mac OSX, ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: linksys wireless nic getting bad mac address from router?
    ... Workgroup is correct, router ssid ... Then the windows network manager claims there ... the router Mac address is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxb, ... The PC's wireless network adapter has its ...