Heap Buffer Overflow

Can someone with experience help me with this? I am trying to write an exploit for a heap-based buffer overflow vulnerability in a specific windows-based daemon. The thing is the vulnerability is triggered by special characters, so i tried testing multiple times and debugging to see what happens but there is no way to overwrite the EIP or whatever register in the program, it just crashes because it can't handle the characters. I don't know how to even start here and I am not familiar with these kind of exploit techniques, even though I own quite a knowledge for stack buffer overflow vulnerabilities and exploitation.
Can someone help me out? Give me something, at least some links or materials, tell me where or what to look for, anything.
Thanks in advance.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Security Toolkit for dummies
    ... Subject: Security Toolkit for dummies ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Huge hidden process and port in Linux server
    ... I install rootkinhunter, chkrootkit and unhide in my local linux box. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: New FREE security tool!
    ... Hmm, only a Windows installer, and no actual source code. ... Certificate on your Apache web server. ... -- Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Botnet Servers
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Botnet Servers