From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Dennis Dayman
Sent: 18 June 2011 19:48
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IRC in corporate enviroment

Looking for some pros cons to having IRC connectivity in a corporate
environment. Our R&D guys would like to join some coding channels to get
ideas and help, but we are hesitating to allow them for fear of a
possible hole being opened via an IRC channel and client.

thoughts on pro's or cons?

what is the beat way to implement if it is deemed ok?

-Dennis

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this guide
we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL
certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and
how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how
to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your
Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted
to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys
and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442
f727d1

Disclaimer:
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to them, you may not copy, forward, disclose, rely on or otherwise use it or any part of it in any way. To do so may be unlawful. Any representations, contractual or otherwise, views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Glasgow Housing Association Ltd. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please advise the sender immediately by phoning 0141 274 6200 and delete this e-mail.
As part of our Acceptable Use policy Glasgow Housing Association Ltd. monitors e-mail content. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.

The Glasgow Housing Association Limited is a not-for-profit housing association registered under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1965,
registered no. 2572R(S). It is also recognised by HM Revenue and Customs as a Scottish Charity (SCO34054) and is registered with
The Scottish Housing Regulator under the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001 as a registered social landlord, no. 317. VAT Registration No. 796709466.
Registered office: Granite House, 177 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HF

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Security Toolkit for dummies
    ... Subject: Security Toolkit for dummies ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Huge hidden process and port in Linux server
    ... I install rootkinhunter, chkrootkit and unhide in my local linux box. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: New FREE security tool!
    ... Hmm, only a Windows installer, and no actual source code. ... Certificate on your Apache web server. ... -- Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Botnet Servers
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Botnet Servers