Windows Authentication

Hi,

How secure is using Windows Authentication on a public website for login
(say, W2K3 R2 for instance)? Pros, cons, thoughts in general? Any
known exploits against it?

Thanks

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Windows Authentication
    ... Why do you want to avoid using the browser-aided login UI? ... for a thread from a couple of weeks ago where various pros and cons of a ... > windows domain. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)
  • Whos the man in NY?
    ... News votes for Pedro as king of New York ... Pros: The Mets may be destined to be a .500 team this season, ... Cons: ... The Yankees are his daddy. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • SUMMARY: how do you manage documentation?
    ... Pros: existing docs can remain in native format, user logins, version control ... Cons: need to setup MySQL or Postgresql ... "I don't create documentation for others to use. ... therefore, doesn't consume proprietary files ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Whos the man in NY?
    ... > Every era in New York sports history has The Man, ... Below, you'll find our rankings, with pros and cons ... The Yankees are his daddy. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)