Re: Compromised email account?

I also highly doubt it was because of a weak password. My password was 14
characters and consisted of upper case and lower case aplhanumeric
characters and wasn't based on a dictionary word. I have always been very
careful with passwords and usernames.

Jacob.

Since we are on security-basics it should be said that a long complex
password doesn't help if someone installed a keylogger on your system.
Also, changing your password doesn't help if you have a keylogger
installed. This is why two-factor authentication can be useful.

Mike

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Simple search across lines?
    ... Thanks, yes, I see where I would need to be careful with /foo.*bar/, ... only want to do this when I have the output of a LaTeX document in hand ... or on screen and want to edit something in the code. ... would make the match ignore all new line characters. ...
    (comp.editors)
  • Re: OT: Ebay
    ... Then the keylogger does the rest. ... When I was accessing my Ebay and home email from an internet cafe in ... starting at the back, jumping forward, doing a couple of characters in ... As I've said before, viruses are nasty enough, but spyware is what you ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Wide Characters and tchar
    ... > Can someone pls explain the usage of wide characters and tchar? ... wide character strings are null-terminated arrays of these. ... Be careful, though: there are at least three different kinds of wide ... Many API functions have versions for each kind. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Reading input problem
    ... just asking that you be careful in your comments. ... above remark is again vague: ... the function may read many more than 30 characters; ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Revival of lines that Beeching/BR closed
    ... That just means it takes a keylogger longer to get all the characters of ... The LTSB system takes the characters in the second stage via pull down ... keylogger, as it has to now both track mouse movements and sample the ...
    (uk.railway)