Re: Cisco Telnet Service

Yes.. I'm able to telnet and login to the switch

On 1/25/11 4:57 AM, Mohamed Farid wrote:
Are you able to telnet and to login ?

On 1/24/11, Muhammad Hafiz Rafek<hafiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I already remove some config at the switch (10.5.1.100) for telnet
service and enable the ssh v2
what i do is

Switch#conf t
Switch(config)#line vty 0 4
Switch(config-line)#no password
Switch(config-line)#no login authentication

When i see at the show run, there is now more line vty 0 4 or line vty 5
15. Only have line console 0

my question is why i still can telnet to that switch (10.5.1.100),
If there have any miss out the config

Thank you

--
Muhammad Hafiz Bin Rafek
Analyst, Network and Security Team

Disclaimer:

“This email (and any attachment to it) is confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
CyberSecurity Malaysia assumes no liability whatsoever for the content of
this email or for the consequences of actions taken based on such content
unless it is subsequently confirmed in writing. Unintended recipients are
notified that disclosing, copying or distributing of this email, or acting
based on its contents, is strictly prohibited; and you are to immediately
and permanently delete or destroy this email and notify the sender
forthwith.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL
certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how
your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test,
purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web
server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you
ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

[...]

  • Re: Cisco Telnet Service
    ... I already remove some config at the switch for telnet ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Capturing network traffic and warning if its volume crosses a defined limit
    ... The switch is an unmanaged switch and does not support mirroring. ... A friend has been running his own Exchange 2003 enterprise server since ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • [NEWS] Telnet DoS Vulnerability in Marconi ATM Switch
    ... Telnet DoS Vulnerability in Marconi ATM Switch ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ...
    (Securiteam)
  • RE: NAC solutions
    ... policies the Bradford system will auto log into the switch via ssh and enter ... Subject: NAC solutions ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this guide we ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Telnet DoS Vulnerability in Marconi ATM Switch Software
    ... Telnet DoS Vulnerability in Marconi ATM Switch Software ... administration via telnet and web interfaces. ...
    (Bugtraq)