Re: A proactive internal threat mitigation program

Hi WALI,

Assuming that you don't have a blanket policy where domain users are
part of local admins I wouldn't concern myself with someone attempting
to access anothers C drive. Similarly, if your Exchange is correctly
permissed users will not be able to access others mailboxes (calendars
perhaps but that is something the users need to specifically allow so
possibly a user education issue).

More pertinent might be users ability to take data that they
shouldn't, ie pen drives etc. What sorts of things are you worried
about from an internal perspective? I'd advise against compacency
from an external view too; if you think users might try to gain access
to others owa then its possible externally too.

Do you have Snort running? Stick it in and get an understanding of
what 'non business' stuff is flying around

Craig