Re: Recommendations on netbook for IA toolkit

should be enough for a backtrack install

On Friday, 3 December 2010, IBug_1 <ibug_1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm looking to develop an Information Assurance (IA) toolkit consisting of multiple software tools on a laptop. The toolkit needs to do vulnerability scanning and penetration testing (metasploit, nessus, nmap, ucsniff, wireshark, etc.) Currently thinking is a Linux host OS with VMware with Windows and LiveCDs in virtual machines.

What I'm asking is if anyone has experience with working netbooks similar to this and if so what do they recommend. A netbook with 2 GB RAM, 250 GB hd, 10/100 enet, 802.11n is the target machine but not sure what brand or model. I've heard there are issues with some hardware and would like to avoid reinventing the wheel.
Thanks

Tim

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Security Toolkit for dummies
    ... Subject: Security Toolkit for dummies ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Huge hidden process and port in Linux server
    ... I install rootkinhunter, chkrootkit and unhide in my local linux box. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Botnet Servers
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Botnet Servers
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: New FREE security tool!
    ... Hmm, only a Windows installer, and no actual source code. ... Certificate on your Apache web server. ... -- Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this ...
    (Security-Basics)