Re: Gateway OS

Why reinvent the wheel? Endian has it all wrapped up in an easy to manage package.

Stephen Cox wrote:

What are your opinions about using ClearOS/Endian UTM instead of a
CentOS/RHEL install with addition configuration? (Keep in mind that
the Gateway needs to route traffic from 2 asdl routers, filter content
and manage bandwidth)

Looking out to hear from you,

Todd Hughes
Senior Security Analyst
xDefenders, Inc.
1100 Pittsford-Victor Rd.
Pittsford, NY 14534
phone:(585) 385-2770 x7451
fax:(585) 385-3511

"Distrust and caution are the parents of security"
--Benjamin Franklin

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Enough is enough...
    ... I work in computer security and companies have ... The result was that staff at the building were forever forbidden from having ... customers wouldn't actually given a hoot. ... the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily ...
  • Re: docking station or other for Inspiron 9300?
    ... Thanks Fred for the additional thoughts and opinions. ... I work out of a home office, and so am less concerned with the security ... The main reason I was considering the wireless though is that I need to buy ... > like having bluetooth enabled unless needed. ...
  • Re: get ip
    ... Balmanno wrote: ... |> | Philippe l. ... You brought a security issue into this discussion. ... you should allow for other options and opinions. ...
  • Re: "Which is more secure? Oracle vs. Microsoft" (is it a fair comparison?)
    ... Opinions are still... ... However Mr. Litchfield is in the category of expert that would be deemed an "expert witness" in a court of law. ... On the factual evidence of published/known vulnerabilities, the historically long time to patch, the revisions to released patches when they are found to not protect are clear evidence of a firm that needs to perhaps be a tad more security aware. ... In databases, probably the most common and public security event affecting the database security world, I would argue, was SQL slammer, an incident that had a patch available ahead of time. ...
  • Re: Koblitz and Menezes: Another Look at "Provable Security"
    ... security, how to interpret "proof of security" results, the limits ... Don't be surprised if others have differing opinions. ... PSS gets a stronger provable security ... that I am overjoyed when anyone reads one of my papers; ...