From: ichib0d crane <themadichib0d@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 06:16:29
To: <security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Reporting malicious people?

I was curious as to what would be the most effective way to report
malicious activity from remote attackers. Who I should contact and
what not. I've tried contacting the ISP of the originating IP but that
seems to rarely work, or even elicit a response most of time.

Heres a kicker to, it's quite often that after investigating malicious
activity that I find a lot more personal detail's that skiddies and
phishers would prefer I didn't have. Who would I give this info to,
and how to contact them?

For example, I browsed my spam folder recently and found a simple
nigerian scam. I pulled the simple 'hackers dont fall for this' ploy
(and no, I really don't care if the label applies or not, its just
useful if they think so) and I have the guy immediately eating out of
my hands, thinking im ACTUALLY going to be a business partner. I lied
my way out of handing out contact info and instead elicited HIS
contact information. I've got a number,(possible) name, his home
country, IP + ISP. If I scrounge up change for a pay phone I can
probably get even more concrete details. But I have no clue what to
actually DO with any of this information, and I rather NOT just leave
this guy alone on his merry scamming ways :)

Any advice would be appreciated!

Gage Bystrom

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: New pond
    ... This NG is more or less for those who have decorative liner ponds in their yards for fish and pond plants. ... Her account is dpc6682112001.direcpc.com and you may report her by calling 1-800-DirecPC, ... Her use of remailers can still be traced to her account.No American ISP like to be ... associated with Hate Speech no matter if Hate speech is protected ...
    (rec.ponds)
  • Re: Virus Sent in Email intentionally
    ... Mark Dormer wrote: ... Find the posters ISP, visit that ISP's website to see their policy ... Should or could I send this to someone to report ... I suspect I am getting this from a poster to a political group(Hate ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Black moor resting by heater
    ... Facts about Carol: ... topic you can report her. ... Her use of remailers can still be traced to her account.No American ISP ... associated with Hate Speech no matter if Hate speech is protected ...
    (rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish)
  • Re: Oranges, koi and goldfish.........
    ... Facts about Carol: ... topic you can report her. ... Her use of remailers can still be traced to her account.No American ISP ... associated with Hate Speech no matter if Hate speech is protected ...
    (rec.aquaria.freshwater.goldfish)
  • Re: How deep in NE PA?