Re: Reporting malicious people?

If you're in Canada, or the offender resides in Canada, you can report them to the RCMP here:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/on/prog-serv/support-soutien/itcu-gict-eng.htm

Adam Mooz
"In technology I'm placing all my trust"
http://www.AdamMooz.com

On 2010-11-01, at 9:16 AM, ichib0d crane wrote:

I was curious as to what would be the most effective way to report
malicious activity from remote attackers. Who I should contact and
what not. I've tried contacting the ISP of the originating IP but that
seems to rarely work, or even elicit a response most of time.

Heres a kicker to, it's quite often that after investigating malicious
activity that I find a lot more personal detail's that skiddies and
phishers would prefer I didn't have. Who would I give this info to,
and how to contact them?

For example, I browsed my spam folder recently and found a simple
nigerian scam. I pulled the simple 'hackers dont fall for this' ploy
(and no, I really don't care if the label applies or not, its just
useful if they think so) and I have the guy immediately eating out of
my hands, thinking im ACTUALLY going to be a business partner. I lied
my way out of handing out contact info and instead elicited HIS
contact information. I've got a number,(possible) name, his home
country, IP + ISP. If I scrounge up change for a pay phone I can
probably get even more concrete details. But I have no clue what to
actually DO with any of this information, and I rather NOT just leave
this guy alone on his merry scamming ways :)

Any advice would be appreciated!

Gage Bystrom

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Reporting malicious people?
    ... malicious activity from remote attackers. ... or even elicit a response most of time. ... country, IP + ISP. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Reporting malicious people?
    ... You can report all the information to the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center at the following: ... malicious activity from remote attackers. ... or even elicit a response most of time. ... country, IP + ISP. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Help in choosing ISP for USA Canada
    ... Canada), is hopeless. ... any advice for me on what ISP might be best suited? ... an additional cost, but that you must add to the monthly cost of your ISP. ... That news server has a modest charge for the year, so that won't amount to much, but it doesn't support all the NG's, and I believe it does not include the binaries. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Dial-up ISP Connection using Calling Card for long distance call
    ... Shortly I'll be traveling to Canada and will want to dial up to my ISP in ... up network connection. ... card number then finally specify the phone number for the ISP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • MusicWeb International
    ... On Friday MusicWeb International moved from a server in Hong Kong to one in Canada. ... This was supposed to be seamless but unfortunately my ISP have bodged the job of altering the dns records so currently the site is down. ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)