Re: GSM privacy questions

This sparked my interest so I thought I'd look into it. Chris apparently posted the presentation on his blog (http://www.tombom.co.uk/blog/?p=262) and I saw there is at least one recording of his lecture on youtube broken into parts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXVHPNhsOzo&feature=related <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXVHPNhsOzo&feature=related>)

exposing the gsm flaws, but i haven't find any videos of the lecture.

2010/9/23<dana.tierney@xxxxxxxxx>
I can't go find the link right now but some of the presentations at DEFCON this year pretty much demolished any claim the protocol might make to being secure. One in particular featured a researcher who convinced gsm cell phones in the audience at his presentation that he was their provider's base station.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

[...]

  • Re: Security Toolkit for dummies
    ... Subject: Security Toolkit for dummies ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Huge hidden process and port in Linux server
    ... I install rootkinhunter, chkrootkit and unhide in my local linux box. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Botnet Servers
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Botnet Servers
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: New FREE security tool!
    ... Hmm, only a Windows installer, and no actual source code. ... Certificate on your Apache web server. ... -- Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this ...
    (Security-Basics)