Re: Security Basics!

Eric Furman wrote:
Please stop.
When are people going to learn that Steve Gibson is a total fraud.
He is a snake oil salesman.

Like a lot of us, he does let his mouth overload his ass, but I think negating -all- his work is short sighted. For example, his port scanner is great in that it's easy to specify -ranges- out of the possible 65, 535 ports and it's quick and -easy- to see the status of the first 1056 ports and what the common usage is, if netbios is enabled, etc.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1