Re: Diff between SSL3.0 and TLS

hi Raja,

SSL3.0 and TLS1.0 are mostly the same thing - the difference is that SSL was originally developed by Netscape iirc and TLS1.0 (advertised as SSL3.1 btw) as a predecessor is the same technology, but standardized with an RFC. The changes in TLS1.1 and 1.2 are further developments from the 1.0 version so they ofc differ more - you might want to have a look at the RFCs concerning them and pointing out also the differences (RFC4346 for Version 1.1, RFC5246 for Version 1.2).

Any corrections ofc welcome.

Ralf Leichter

Raja schrieb:
Hi,

What is the difference between ssl3.0 and TLS ?

Thanks,
Raja

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Fwd: Best Practice Deployment SonicWall Firewalls / Wireless
    ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this guide ... we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Malware Analysis
    ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ... SSL certificate. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Windows Active Directory Domains
    ... guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL ... install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this guide we ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Malware Analysis
    ... SSL certificate. ... your Apache web server. ... install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)