Re: Pwnie Awards 2010 should be condemned by the security community

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.security/browse_thread/thread/0ef14b1992f93a7d/b9aad77f8ba7c371?#b9aad77f8ba7c371

----- Original Message ----
From: andrew.wallace <andrew.wallace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 25 July, 2010 8:38:58
Subject: Pwnie Awards 2010 should be condemned by the security community

I nominated Tavis Ormandy for "Most Epic FAIL" but it didn't get shortlisted,
probably because Pwnie awards is biased because all of the judges carry out the
same questionable activity as he does.

It is disgusting that people like Laurent Gaffié and Tavis Ormandy are being
made heros for putting everyone on the internet and beyond at risk by making
irresponsible disclosures behind Microsoft's back.

People like Gaffié and Ormandy shouldn't be awarded for anything, instead their
behaviour should be condemned by the security community.

Tavis Ormandy's recent disclosure was the first real case of cyber terrorism
n3td3v Security has said in a statement on its blog.

The "winners" of Pwnie awards are due to be announced at BlackHat USA security
conference on July 28, 2010.

Reference: http://pwnies.com/

Andrew Wallace

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Pwnie Awards 2010 should be condemned by the security community
    ... I nominated Tavis Ormandy for "Most Epic FAIL" but it didn't get shortlisted, ... irresponsible disclosures behind Microsoft's back. ... behaviour should be condemned by the security community. ... The "winners" of Pwnie awards are due to be announced at BlackHat USA security ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Pwnie Awards 2010 should be condemned by the security community
    ... I nominated Tavis Ormandy for "Most Epic FAIL" but it didn't get ... risk by making irresponsible disclosures behind Microsoft's back. ... instead their behaviour should be condemned by the security community. ... The "winners" of Pwnie awards are due to be announced at BlackHat USA ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Pwnie Awards 2010 should be condemned by the security community
    ... I nominated Tavis Ormandy for "Most Epic FAIL" but it didn't get ... risk by making irresponsible disclosures behind Microsoft's back. ... instead their behaviour should be condemned by the security community. ... The "winners" of Pwnie awards are due to be announced at BlackHat USA ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Pwnie Awards 2010 should be condemned by the security community
    ... instead their behaviour should be condemned by the security community. ... Tavis Ormandy's recent disclosure was the first real case of cyber ... The "winners" of Pwnie awards are due to be announced at BlackHat USA ... Travis threw a hissy fit that is endangering millions and he should be held accountable for *any* damage done. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: *ICN - A Conspiracy of Inertia?
    ... >> problems - and the security community doesn't want it. ... >> relates to how the entire security community approaches insecurity. ... >> It involves a man named John Munson, who has spent the last 30 years ... >> an early version of these operating system controls, ...
    (Focus-IDS)