Security architecture review

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project that involves security architecture review. Key points that I am looking at would include perimeter security, placement of DMZ, redundancy, network topology (from security perspective), security around network services, business's dependency towards IT..etc. I have come to realise that the review is probably going in a direction which is based on my understanding (read as experience) of network security which may not cover all aspects of network security. Is there a standard/best practice/guidelines that I can refer to which would cover all areas of network security.

Apologize if the question is bit vague.
Any help/direction is much appreciated.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1