RE: Help hardening router

Use Nipper

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of doug schmidt
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 9:10 AM
To: mzcohen2682@xxxxxxx
Cc: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Help hardening router

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 3:27 PM, <mzcohen2682@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a task to harden a small organization router, today the have only the
router and they dont use a FW.

Im pasting here the config (not before changing the Ip's ) can someone
recommend which commands to implement in order to harden the router?

http://www.cymru.com/Documents/secure-ios-template.html

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: how to find a static IP
    ... One caveat to this I think, you'd need to be sniffing the target device side of the router for the scan reply, because the target likely has no route to the scanning laptop through the router, the target is going to likely try to arp it's default gateway once it gets a valid scan packet with the right target IP in it, that's what it will need to do to try to reply, that's how you'll know you stumbled onto the target's IP address. ... You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: getting routes from internet facing routers
    ... Just have a proper ACL on the router, ... seeing what private IP routes ... You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Router for filtering
    ... I am trying to get my hands on a router that will seamlessly enable me ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Router for filtering
    ... I am trying to get my hands on a router that will seamlessly enable me ... to prevent some people on the network from being able to browse (use ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Linux Web Server Hardening (LAMP + Wiki)
    ... The Wiki itself needs to be addressed like any other web app, ... of hardening and maintaining your server. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)