Windows Server without AD?

Hello, I have come across a Windows Server 2003 system that has not had
AD (or DNS or DHCP) installed on it. It does have Terminal Services
installed (5 licenses) and there are local accounts setup for each user.
Single server for the organization.

What are the security implications of not having AD installed? I'm
assuming one would be that it'd be easy to reset the local Admin
password and gain access to the box.

One note is that all the clients in the network are Macs, using RDP to
access this Terminal Server.

Thanks in advance.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Time zone redirection
    ... Administration and full-blown Terminal Services. ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... client connections:-O. ... Well - obviously that does not work in Remote Desktop Admin mode ...
  • RE: Terminal Services
    ... I understand that you want to have staff log ... we cannot make SBS to work as terminal server. ... why you cannot find Terminal Services in Add/Remove Windows Components. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: can someone help clear this up?
    ... Terminal Services Client Access Licenses are assigned to the client, ... The Terminal Services License Server ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients)
  • Re: Storing Username/Password problem
    ... double click the RDP-Tcp connection and look at the Logon ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... logged on with the credentials specified in Terminal Services ... Do you want each user to have their own account on the server, ...
  • Re: Storing Username/Password problem
    ... terminal server and then several client machines. ... have their own account on the server, or do you want all of your users to ... Terminal Services Developer ... someone from using your RDP file and being able to log into a Terminal ...