Res: Dealing with port/vulnerability scans

Hello Tony,

I would enable those signatures, because you can check it in a better way to analyze real scans.

Depending on your IDS/IPS device, you can choose to block/log if it targets more than 10 ports, for example. You can also check the kind of the event. A vuln scan can trigger a lot of signatures related to probes or some specific protocol.

In additional, you can send an Abuse Letter to the owner of this IP.

I hope to be helpful.

Regards.

Leandro Marques