Re: Content Filtering

Clearswift appliances, the web one uses Websense URL list

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 2:08 AM, Mark Jackson <c0d3w12@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I have used websense and Bluecoat.
My experience is that Bluecoat was just to much of a beast for ease of management and use.
On the other hand, I have used websense extensively and found it to be so simple for ease of use, intergration into the network and overall automation.
I would steer clear of new players in the game. Their products lack a software/hardware lifecycle the others have that is tried and true.
But you should certainly do an eval on all the vendors you are considering.
Make sure they understand your needs, network and budget.
Lastly make sure they take the team out for lunch/drinks and or dinner ;-) that's an added bonus.

Sent from my iPhone
Please excuse spelling errors

I'm looking for comment/feedback from those that use Zscaler(preferably), Websense, Purewire, and/or Blue Coat.  My company is looking to replace our existing proxy/cf.  The prospect of SaaS w/the additional features is a great opportunity to add another layer of protection.  But there concerns that a company so new (Zscaler) isn't quite up to the task yet.  So I'm hoping to vet them a little bit in this space.

thanks

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

[...]

  • Re: Security Toolkit for dummies
    ... Subject: Security Toolkit for dummies ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: New FREE security tool!
    ... Hmm, only a Windows installer, and no actual source code. ... Certificate on your Apache web server. ... -- Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: How do you conduct a password audit?
    ... you should have specific permission from the highest possible source of management. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ... You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Internet Kiosk Security -- Need Info!
    ... I've noticed a large number of pay-per-minute internet kiosks around my ... Outdated software could allow unintentional installation of malware, ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Internet Kiosk Security -- Need Info!
    ... I've noticed a large number of pay-per-minute internet kiosks around my ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)