From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Secure Net
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 5:12 PM
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Encrytped USB Key quick win solution‏

Hi,

I'm working in a large enterprise that will look next year for an "enterprise class solution" that can handle all the life cycle of USB key that use encryption.

But now, we have to find a quick win solution that we can put in production shortly with a limited budget.

I personally used Truecrypt for several years but here the reason why I don’t want to use it for an enterprise solution:

1-If the user lost the password of his USB key, you are dead
2-If the user go on a computer that don't already have Truecrypt installed, you need administrative privilege

I did some search and I tried FreeOTFE (http://www.freeotfe.org/)

It does what I wanted to:

1-Technical Support will be able to create a backup key before giving the USB key to the user. So they will be able to recover the data if the user lost his password.
2-There is a utility called FreeOTFE Explorer that can open the encrypted volume on the USB Key in the case you don't have administrative privilege on the computer. The app is not very quick but it seems to do the job.

My question is: Did someone had any bad experience with this app? If yes, did you find a better one that did the things I mentioned before and was working fine?

Thanks

JEP
Avec Windows Live, vous gardez le contact avec tous vos amis au même endroit.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9660830

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail may contain confidential information, may be protected by applicable privileges, and may constitute non-public information. It is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s) of the message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender at (800) FIGHT CF. Unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • =?UTF-8?Q?Re=3A_Encrytped_USB_Key_quick_win_solution=E2=80=8F?=
    ... administrator of the product). ... I'm working in a large enterprise that will look next year for an "enterprise class solution" that can handle all the life cycle of USB key that use encryption. ... So they will be able to recover the data if the user lost his password. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • =?windows-1256?Q?Encrytped_?= =?windows-1256?Q?USB_Key_qu?= =?windows-1256?Q?ick_win_so?
    ... I'm working in a large enterprise that will look next year for an "enterprise class solution" that can handle all the life cycle of USB key that use encryption. ... So they will be able to recover the data if the user lost his password. ... Did someone had any bad experience with this app? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • =?windows-1256?Q?RE=3A_Encrytped_USB_Key_quick_win_solution=FE?=
    ... I'm working in a large enterprise that will look next year for an "enterprise class solution" that can handle all the life cycle of USB key that use encryption. ... So they will be able to recover the data if the user lost his password. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: failure notice
    ... I'm working in a large enterprise that will look next year for an "enterprise class solution" that can handle all the life cycle of USB key that use encryption. ... So they will be able to recover the data if the user lost his password. ... Créez un personnage à votre image pour votre WL Messenger ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Windows Server 2003 and USB Key
    ... Yesterday I installed a trial version of Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2. ... but my USB Key doesn't work... ... It's even not recognized as external USB Device or Hard Disk... ...