Re: Hard Drive eraser recommendation

On 2009-10-01 Keith Lee wrote:
How about using the script from here?
It encrypts the HDD with a random key string using truecrypt and then
wipe the HDD using DoD standard (scrub)
You can use the script here and remastersys ubuntu into a bootable iso
which you can burn into a CD.

http://milo2012.wordpress.com/2009/09/27/securely-wiping-hdd/

There's absolutely no point in wasting entropy on something that can be
achieved just as well with a single pass of zeroes.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"All vulnerabilities deserve a public fear period prior to patches
becoming available."

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • RE: Initialize Command
    ... Settings on a DVD and going to scrub the other HDD. ... Sorry if I wasn't of help to you in this matter and hope the clone will ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Hard Drive eraser recommendation
    ... It encrypts the HDD with a random key string using truecrypt and then ... wipe the HDD using DoD standard (scrub) ... You can use the script here and remastersys ubuntu into a bootable iso ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Cynic - conviction details
    ... fires up O&O Defrag which then defrags that drive by name ... fires up Eraser to erase unused space on that drive ... a single pass to wipe a HDD is plenty sufficient. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Any better way to erase a HDD than this?
    ... > following instructions a sure-fire way of erasing data? ... Format just changes the head of every ... Regular forensics will fail, when they will look at the HDD, they will ... This is why it is important to wipe the entire disk, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Boot error driver the problem?
    ... files should i carry on or will it wipe my drive? ... You can do a repair installation, ... (Disc boot error,insert disk and press enter).Do i use the windows xp ... Make sure the HDD is cabled correctly, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)