From: securityfocus2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:securityfocus2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Hale
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:07 PM
To: Keith Tomler
Cc: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Who should the Information Systems Security Officer report to?

I'm of the opinion that the CSO (and the Security department) should
report directly to the Board of Directors.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Keith Tomler <ktomler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I work for a very large company.

We have a centralized information systems department.

We have a wide array of operating systems and technologies.

We are open 24/7/365.

Who should the Information Systems Security Officer report to?

The Chief Information Officer?
Legal?
The Company Police Department? (actual law enforcement officers - we
are very big)
Compliance?
Risk Management?

If the Information Systems Security Officer reports to the head of
Information Systems, is he able to be impartial and objective?

What is the best practice and how does it work in your organization?

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

[...]

  • RE: Who should the Information Systems Security Officer report to?
    ... Chief Security Officer who would be a peer of the CIO, ... Who should the Information Systems Security Officer report to? ... install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this guide we ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Multiple Records
    ... the directors from each compnay. ... Officer First Name ... I would like to see all of the directors, shareholders and officers ... In the wizard box that opens click cancel ...
  • Re: CHAG oil and gas merger 8-K filed
    ... Appointment of Officers and Election of Directors ... Chief Executive Officer and Mr. Bradley W. Fischer was appointed as ... Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer and ...
    (misc.invest.stocks)