Client application to control access to untrusted networks?

Hello,I am just looking to see if anyone can provide any experiences and/or recommendations of software to be installed on clients that is "location aware" and can enforce certain ACL's or network policies. i.e. Symantec, McAfee, Cisco?

My scenario and what I am trying to do is with my users laptops, currently we do not allow them to connect to any public wireless networks. Ofcourse this is something that I am being pressured on allowing. We would like to be able to force a VPN client to load as soon as the mobile device running Windows XP connects to a public "hot spot" and if the VPN connection fails to disconnect the system from that network. It would be an IPSEC VPN from either Cisco or Juniper.

Thank you!

Brandon L.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Difference and diversity
    ... I have had similar experiences in different ways with different people. ... Functioned in a Baha'i community with Baha'is from 10 different nationalities and social economic and educational levels. ... And have seen clients with all different issues and backgrounds. ... I do think I am pretty good at working with diversity. ...
    (soc.religion.bahai)
  • Re: Have I missed this?
    ... and based with my own experiences ... > I can see no reason not to install ... >> win 2k laptop but after reading their descriptions, ... >> recommendations and many readings from a Google search (mostly ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: mac mini/wif fi/ usb
    ... and is connected to a wireless network via a USB dongle, ... their experiences and recommendations. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: CA error and desperate for a solution.
    ... >When not using AD enrollment cannot be done from MMC. ... >> W2k clients too. ... >> as well as SP3 on both server and client. ... >> have AD) in accordance with Micsrosoft recommendations. ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: anyone used Mini ITX?
    ... Justin C wrote: ... any experiences or recommendations? ... > I've got three of 'em, all the same, 600mHz fanless. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)