From: .\lgp [mailto:lgpmsec@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:46 PM
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Packets with TCP flags set

Hi list,

I have a host that responds to a TCP SYN packet with at least
one of the following flags set with a SYN ACK packet: RST,
FIN, ACK, FIN|PSH. Two questions come to mind:
1- is this a bad thing? If so, why?
2- how to mitigate this issue?

Thank you,
Lgp.

----------
Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In
this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who
needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it
benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a
site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache
web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management
of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;
e13b6be442f727d1