Trend Vs Symantec

Hello List,

I was at the trend website looking for documents when the following link caught my eye

http://apac.trendmicro.com/apac/time2switch/enterprise/index.html?wT.mc_id=0906_symantec_entlaning_apac

It's not about any of the competitors, It's about Symantec directly at Trend site.

I would like to know if this is allowed and under the laws? Can you openly(By naming them) criticize( Still think Symantec is the right choice? Think again, How Many Threats is Symantec Missing?, End your Endpoint pain) your competitor and their product?

This is under the enterprise tab which is even more surprising considering the gravity.

Thanks in advance.

-Sandeep Cheema

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: OT: Symantecs Underhanded Marketing Practices
    ... common among the various software "security" vendors, ... intentionally make their product"incompatible" with a competitors ... virtually identical product), or is what Symantec is doing [to Zone ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: Symantecs Underhanded Marketing Practices
    ... virtually identical product), or is what Symantec is doing [to Zone ... Symantec was truly doing what you said, blocking specific competitors ... then folks like Zone Alarm would be all over them with injunctions ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)