Re: Cloud Forensics continued [Was - Re: Bruce Schneier on Google Apps...}

Fed on stand: "No we weren't allowed to check states or make bit copies..."

Firstly, Google or any other SaaS provider operate under exactly the
same laws that you do.

You make valid arguments. But I suppose the same arguments were made
when the world moved from paper based memos to emails for official
use. The memos were filed in a in a locked filing cabinet. And any
type of tampering was fairly evident. But once we moved electronic
mail, there was no locked metal filing cabinet. Everything resided on
a user's PC, which could be infested with malware and rootkits. How do
you know that some rootkit was not modifying the user's emails. The
rules of investigation and evidence collection changed with the
introduction of email, and same will happen when we move to cloud for
email. Things change.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Cloud Forensics continued [Was - Re: Bruce Schneier on Google Apps...}
    ... The memos were filed in a in a locked filing cabinet. ... which could be infested with malware and rootkits. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Merkw=FCrdiges?= Verschwinden von XP
    ... Oder meinst Du Rootkits? ... Fressen um "Erweiterungen" zu installieren). ... Nur einige wenige Programme sind so kaputt, ... Wer 200000 ähnliche Emails versendet landet mit Sicherheit schnell ...
    (de.org.ccc)
  • Re: Unable to print emails.
    ... Do you really really NEED to print out emails? ... put a filing cabinet on a CD or copy it in seconds?) ... searching. ... anything like *all* E-mail messages. ...
  • Re: Unable to print emails.
    ... johng wrote: ... Do you really really NEED to print out emails? ... and of searching. ... search in a filing cabinet by document CONTENT for example? ...