Re: how do you secure a blackberry

On Lunes 27 Julio 2009 15:38:20 Shawn Merdinger escribió:
Hi Aarón,

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Aarón Mizrachi<unmanarc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The answer:
deciding not to install the update.

I don't think it is that simple if the service provider is pushing
down software and controls the update process. For the user to decide
not to install the update, the user must be presented with a choice.
If the install is done silently over the network in the background,
then there is no choice for the user.

cheers, i don't really had a time to take a look in deep on this specific case.

I'm talking the "generic". Usually, the blackberry handheld device does not
came with an automatic update software owned by your "telephony provider" or
rim. Therefore and moreover, any update should be done by hand.

Moreover, real software updates provided by RIM should be installed using the
desktop manager application. Usually this is not an automatic process and
sometimes requires your handheld password to be done.

I understand that you can download blackberry updates from rim websites
according to your provider, but the trust rely in RIM who publish this
software.

Cheers,
--scm

--
Ing. Aaron G. Mizrachi P.

http://www.unmanarc.com
Mobil 1: + 58 416-6143543
Mobil 2: + 58 424-2412503
BBPIN: 0x 247066C1

  • RE: how do you secure a blackberry
    ... how do you secure a blackberry ... I don't think it is that simple if the service provider is pushing ... not to install the update, the user must be presented with a choice. ... real software updates provided by RIM should be installed using ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: how do you secure a blackberry
    ... Behalf Of Aarón Mizrachi ... I don't think it is that simple if the service provider is pushing ... not to install the update, the user must be presented with a choice. ... real software updates provided by RIM should be installed using ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Cant get Oracle OLE DB provider to work from SSIS on a 64-bit environment
    ... The project I'm trying to get running, consists of approx 25 seperate packages where 3-4 of them gets data from different Oracle sources, but I'm not even got to the point where I'm trying to run the whole lot. ... There are two issues in the topic that could be an issue, and that is to switch the whole project to 32-bit mode and then the part that says that the Designer only shows 32-bit versions of the provider. ... What I think I'll try now, it to install the 32-bit version of the Oracle ODAC to see if that makes any difference. ... uninstall ODAC and when I uninstall the regular Oracle Client with the ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Re: Please help frustrated user
    ... clean install everything. ... > Log Consumer: could not retrieve sid 0x80041002" and "Event consumer ... > provider will be run using the LocalSystem account.... ... > HOstingModel property of the provider registration to an account with the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Terminal server Client settings
    ... I don't believe that this provider is supported for NT4. ... could install this provider on top of an NT4 machine that had Winmgmt ... > get the Terminal Services Config setting output on to a text file. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi)