Re: Firewall open source + IPS

On Viernes 10 Julio 2009 13:00:47 Juan B escribió:
Hi all,

Im looking for an FW open source which includes IPS, I know that IPCop has
one but its and ids and not IPS.

any ideas??

many... depends on your requirement.

fwsnort: Is a string patter detection tool that can be mixed with iptables.
fwsnort is an option, i don't test it before, but be careful on fragmentation
attacks. http://cipherdyne.org/fwsnort/

Snort can be configured as IPS with iptables triggers (snort_inline:
http://snort-inline.sourceforge.net/). But this configuration have some issues
and you need to be extra-careful.

thanks !

juan

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL
certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and
how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to
test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache
web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help
you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f72
7d1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Ing. Aaron G. Mizrachi P.

http://www.unmanarc.com
Mobil 1: + 58 416-6143543
Mobil 2: + 58 424-2412503
BBPIN: 0x 247066C1

  • Re: Checkpoint smart defance as IPS
    ... something to check to resolve the problem of SSL encrypted traffic ... I also recommended installing an IPS. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Checkpoint smart defance as IPS
    ... An IPS that decrypts SSL does not exist. ... IPS inline to inspect the decrypted traffic. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Checkpoint smart defance as IPS
    ... SmartDefense is a average level IPS but I must say it is not the best IPS around. ... But for your concerns if the users use SSL only few IPSs around who can intercept SSL is useful will work. ... You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Checkpoint smart defance as IPS
    ... but i don't think any IPS provider can look into SSL ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In this guide we ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Working to get more people to check if their infected with DNS Changer
    ... If you don't use DNSSecs or don't monitor your DNS traffic I ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ... In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL ...
    (Full-Disclosure)