Re: filtering MSN traffic

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 14:48, Juan B<juanbabi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for a product, I prefer open source to filer msn traffic, I just want to verify that no one of the employees can receive files trow msn from put of the lan and that links cant be sended.

any recommendations?

thanks a lot !

juan

Msn-proxy [1] is a proxy for Unix systems, which allows message
logging, contacts control, and other useful stuff (like block file
transfers), and stores data in a SGBD (Mysql or PostgreSQL).
You can't forbid users to send links, which is a very specific need,
but you can monitor chats as well. (Anyway, it's a opensource
software, and you could modify it to do what you want.)

A negative point is that its web management interface is not so nice.
I would make my own one.

Many people I know use it, and it have been working very well for me.
I dont know any other free software for this purpose. Maybe somebody
else can tell us. =)

[1] http://msn-proxy.sourceforge.net/

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1