RE: Port question

If anything, you should be worried about ports that show up as "stealth".

Hey Ansgar-do you mean because there is no way of knowing exactly what your
system is doing with the packet? Therefore no way of knowing that it has
done the 'right' thing? I suppose it could be 'did not respond' rather than
'stealthed' as the result from the grc site.

Makes me think of that email someone sent once. 'Please let me know if you
didn't get this,'....

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate. We look at how SSL works, how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1

  • Re: Linux or Unix distribution for network sniffing
    ... packet capture seriously. ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Packets with TCP flags set
    ... I have a host that responds to a TCP SYN packet with at least ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate In ... install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache ... Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: How to set TCP parameter?
    ... server that causes the FIN from the server to get dropped. ... It is possible that your client is dropping the packet itself. ... correct thing to do is locate or eliminate any potential networking problem ... mismanaging packets and this is an Apache web server we're talking about I ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Port question
    ... On 2009-06-26 Murda Mcloud wrote: ... Hey Ansgar-do you mean because there is no way of knowing exactly what ... unreachable" ICMP packet. ... Not receiving a response normally means that ...
    (Security-Basics)