A good question about NIDS & HIDS or why NIDS ant not just HIDS?

I am thinking that if the target of a hacker is always the server so why I need the NIDS ? I can monitor very well just the servers with some kind of HIDS like Ossec and I am done no? why should I care about the NIDS when I have a well configured HIDS on every server?

This list is sponsored by: InfoSec Institute

Need to pass the CISSP? InfoSec Institute's CISSP Boot Camp in both Instructor-Led and Online formats is the most concentrated exam prep available. Comprehensive course materials and an expert instructor means you pass the exam. Gain a laser like insight into what is covered on the exam, with zero fluff!