Re: DHCP

The Windows Server 2008 feature I believe you are referring to is
NAP.

Another possible solution using native Windows functionality would
be Secure Domain Isolation (SDI). SDI is essentially a liberal
application of IPSec policy to prevent computers not authorized to
communicate with clients on your network from doing so.

________________________

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to block any PC that plugs into my network
that is not authorized to access any network resources-servers,
firewalls, etc. Is there a way in DHCP that I can add reservations
just for the PCs that I want to allow the network resources and any
other pc/laptop that happens to be plugged into the network either
doesn't get an IP address, gets a dummy IP address, or something
else? I've heard Windows Server 2008 can do this, but I'm not sure
about 2003. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

djm

Need to pass the CISSP? InfoSec Institute's CISSP Boot Camp in both
Instructor-Led and Online formats is the most concentrated exam
prep available. Comprehensive course materials and an expert
instructor means you pass the exam. Gain a laser like insight into
what is covered on the exam, with zero fluff!

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/cissp_bootcamp_training.html
----

--
Find toupees to help you look your best! Click now!
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/BLSrjkqgXEalrEvMZh90maMOTRUChZXD6thOs8NxlLXGBg8nM1UcN4s98MQ/

Need to pass the CISSP? InfoSec Institute's CISSP Boot Camp in both Instructor-Led and Online formats is the most concentrated exam prep available. Comprehensive course materials and an expert instructor means you pass the exam. Gain a laser like insight into what is covered on the exam, with zero fluff!

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/cissp_bootcamp_training.html

  • Re: MCSA Logo (Security)
    ... >> If you are allready MCSA you will need to pass two security exam in order ... >> Windows Server 2003 Network and ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: MCSA Logo (Security)
    ... I'm already MCSA 2003. ... is that mean that i can get MCSA+Security with just one more exam of 70-299 ... > Windows Server 2003 Network and ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: Fully parallel Scheme-based language w/ evaluator
    ... Windows Server 2003 and networks in simple - and irreverent - terms. ... If networking really is a big deal, ... Concepts and Terminology in Part I, and The Design and Deployment of Network ...
    (comp.lang.misc)
  • Re: Remote Desktop Disconnects
    ... I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 and not a SBS. ... I understand that the RDP from remote to SBS ... Contact the network adapter manufacturer or contact the original equipment ... Modify the registry to disable Receive Side Scaling ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • controlling executables in user accounts
    ... US) and our network consists of Windows Server 2003 with Windows XP ... installing it from pen drives via the USB ports. ... so that it is impossible to install software - even if users have access to ...