Re: Security Checklist

Not more then an hour...good luck with that

From: "James Attard" <james.attard@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 10:01 AM
To: <security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Security Checklist

Dear list,

I need some help to build up a security checklist for my company
running mainly windows operating systems, apache webservers, and
checkpoint firewall. What I have in mind is that everyday I dedicate
not more than 1 hour and I look at this checklist and see whether the
health status from a security point of view of the whole IT
infrastructure is OK. What should I be looking at? What logs do I need
to generate if they don't exist, and what information patterns should
I look at in the Apache logs/Windows logviewers? Do I need some
software to help me aggregate and process all this information?

Regards,

Learn all of the latest penetration testing techniques in InfoSec Institute's Ethical Hacking class.
Totally hands-on course with evening Capture The Flag (CTF) exercises, Certified Ethical Hacker and Certified Penetration Tester exams, taught by an expert with years of real pen testing experience.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

Learn all of the latest penetration testing techniques in InfoSec Institute's Ethical Hacking class. Totally hands-on course with evening Capture The Flag (CTF) exercises, Certified Ethical Hacker and Certified Penetration Tester exams, taught by an expert with years of real pen testing experience.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html

  • RE: Log Management
    ... InfoSec Institute ... Learn all of the latest penetration testing techniques in InfoSec ... Institute's Ethical Hacking class. ... Certified Ethical Hacker and Certified Penetration Tester exams, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RES: Log Management
    ... InfoSec Institute ... Learn all of the latest penetration testing techniques in InfoSec ... Institute's Ethical Hacking class. ... Certified Ethical Hacker and Certified Penetration Tester exams, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: forensics procedure for PC analysis
    ... InfoSec Institute ... Learn all of the latest penetration testing techniques in InfoSec Institute's Ethical Hacking class. ... Totally hands-on course with evening Capture The Flag exercises, Certified Ethical Hacker and Certified Penetration Tester exams, taught by an expert with years of real pen testing experience. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Security Checklist
    ... InfoSec Institute ... Learn all of the latest penetration testing techniques in InfoSec Institute's Ethical Hacking class. ... Totally hands-on course with evening Capture The Flag exercises, Certified Ethical Hacker and Certified Penetration Tester exams, taught by an expert with years of real pen testing experience. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Nessus Reporting frontend options - scan management