dotLOCAL Domain

Hi Guys,
I know my question is a so newbie question, but it's really confusing me.
I don't understand the reason of using the dotLOCAL domain name
instead of dotCOM, beside I don't understand how the communication
occurs to and from the Internet to this kind of DomainName.

Your help is so much appreciated.
best regards,

Simon

No time or budget for traveling to a training course in this fiscal year? Check out the online information security courses available at InfoSec Institute. More than a boring "talking head", train in our virtual labs for a total hands-on training experience. Get the certs you need: CEH, CPT, CEPT, CISA, CISSP, CISM

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/request_online_training.html

  • dotLocal Domain
    ... I know my question is a so newbie question, but it's really confusing me. ... I don't understand the reason of using the dotLOCAL domain name ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: dotLocal Domain
    ... I know my question is a so newbie question, ... I don't understand the reason of using the dotLOCAL domain name ... Phil Bieber ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: dotLOCAL Domain
    ... the answer to your confusion. ... I know my question is a so newbie question, ... I don't understand the reason of using the dotLOCAL domain name ... InfoSec Institute ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Fire form .222 Rem into .223?
    ... # It's a newbie question, I know - any reason I shouldn't fire form ... That's a good enough reason for me. ... Rem brass is cheap and plentiful. ...
    (rec.guns)
  • Re: Fire form .222 Rem into .223?
    ... # Scott wrote: ... # # It's a newbie question, I know - any reason I shouldn't fire form ... Is that not sufficient reason not to do it? ...
    (rec.guns)