Re: Processing checkpoint web visualization tool XML-output with Perl

Hola Javier,

If I understood well while readind the abstract ofiller/odumper are tools for processing fw objects only but not the whole config. Is that correct or am I mistaken?

Anyway, what I want to do is following.
We have our CP rules organized in groups, each of them containig the rules
belonging to one project. These groups of rules have a text header line above them.
Well, now I'd like to read all of the rules and produce reports one for each of the groups.
My strategy is to first use the visualization tool. This way I get everything in XML. And this is my problem at the moment:-).
I started reading XML, XSL and the Perl Modules and I started already with XPath.
The problem is now reading all the rules between two <header_text> elements, i.e. the rules belonging to this group.
Whatever I tried I allways got the whole rule set, so I can't know which rules belong to a specific group of rules. I think, the problem is that the <header_text> nodes are also implemented as rules and these <rule> nodes are siblings to the other rules, so I can't use the <header_text> rule as a parent node to its including rules...
All the fw rules have the same parent, to say that more clearly.
I don't know whether XPath is the right tool in this case.

Peter (Milleson),

Thanks for your example in TreeBuilder, I'll give it a try too.

Frederik,

This is only for log processing, I think.
Nevertheless, thanks for the hint, I'll need this too for the next project "which fw rule has been used when last?".

Thanks to anyone for the answers

Saludos and cheers
Jannis