security products

Hi everybody.

A friend asked for my advice, so now i ask the experts. He has a
windows network with many shared excel files. Some of them have
sensitive information, information about his clients, but all of them
are required to be shared. Each share is password protected. He is
worried that, for example, one of his employees takes an important
file from the shared network and sells it.

Is there a way, in this scenario, to control who can access what? or
to avoid copying files away from the shared pc, or to allow to make
changes, but not to copy the file to another location? A possible
solution would be to password protect or encrypt the files, but i
don't think it would be be feasible it talking about some hundred
files. Is there software that already takes care or this?

In the long term, my suggestion would be to put all excel files into a
formal database and implement access control there, maybe even a web
application.

What are your suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Juan Pablo

--
To follow the path,
look to the master,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: security products
    ... Juan Pablo Macias wrote: ... windows network with many shared excel files. ... formal database and implement access control there, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Step by Step Macro Help.
    ... Tom Ogilvy ... I have a folder on a shared drive and within that folder I have several ... excel files that need to all go into a master excel file. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Follow nested object links
    ... I have a master ppt file that has several objects that link to other ... powerpoint or excel files. ... The powerpoint files that the master file ... Then sort the list on LinkSource and open each linked file once. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: security products
    ... put it into a database it just increases the possibility on leakage.. ... solution would be to password protect or encrypt the files, ... formal database and implement access control there, ... look to the master, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: security products
    ... secuware to encrypt all your removable devices. ... solution would be to password protect or encrypt the files, ... formal database and implement access control there, ... look to the master, ...
    (Security-Basics)