Re: queries regarding IPSec

SSL. Such as, SSL VPN. This seems to be the current up-and-coming trend.

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 2:22 AM, Abhishek Kumar <abhishek.luck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi list,

I have started reading IPsec and wanted to know
about alternatives to IPsec.

What are the alternatives out there for IPsec ??

Relevant Pages

  • [fw-wiz] Re: SSL VPN vs. IPSec VPN
    ... >SSL VPN vs. using IPSec VPN for remote access to our corporate office. ... push regular network traffic over this connection. ... Provide access to "legacy" applications through "webification", ...
  • Re: SSL VPN
    ... My whole point is that IPSEC does not require a client. ... are the *other* reasons for wanting to move to an SSL VPN? ... If the only reason is "We don't want a software client", ...
  • RE: IPX over IPSec VPNs or SSL VPNs
    ... both of these protocols are obviously TCP/IP based: ... IPsec operates at layer 3 and transports IP. ... be used to transport non-IP protocols. ... As far as SSL/TLS is concerned- some of the SSL VPN clients are becoming ...
  • Re: OpenVPN and ISA 2004
    ... compatible with IPSec, L2TP, or PPTP. ... It has to be PPTP or L2TP,...not SSL VPN. ... Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: Partners ...
  • Re: SSL VPN
    ... IPSEC does require a client. ... the SSL VPN solutions are a little easier ... Cisco IPSEC solution with heavy hardware behind it does improve IPSEC ... it outside of your firewall, and use your firewall to selectively restrict ...