Re: queries regarding IPSec

SSL. Such as, SSL VPN. This seems to be the current up-and-coming trend.

--
ME2

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 2:22 AM, Abhishek Kumar <abhishek.luck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi list,

I have started reading IPsec and wanted to know
about alternatives to IPsec.

What are the alternatives out there for IPsec ??

regards
abhi

Relevant Pages

  • [fw-wiz] Re: SSL VPN vs. IPSec VPN
    ... >SSL VPN vs. using IPSec VPN for remote access to our corporate office. ... push regular network traffic over this connection. ... Provide access to "legacy" applications through "webification", ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: SSL VPN
    ... My whole point is that IPSEC does not require a client. ... are the *other* reasons for wanting to move to an SSL VPN? ... If the only reason is "We don't want a software client", ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: IPX over IPSec VPNs or SSL VPNs
    ... both of these protocols are obviously TCP/IP based: ... IPsec operates at layer 3 and transports IP. ... be used to transport non-IP protocols. ... As far as SSL/TLS is concerned- some of the SSL VPN clients are becoming ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: SSL VPN
    ... IPSEC does require a client. ... the SSL VPN solutions are a little easier ... Cisco IPSEC solution with heavy hardware behind it does improve IPSEC ... it outside of your firewall, and use your firewall to selectively restrict ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: OpenVPN and ISA 2004
    ... compatible with IPSec, L2TP, or PPTP. ... It has to be PPTP or L2TP,...not SSL VPN. ... Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: Partners ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)