Re: Re: PIN security

Your pin number is secure. If someone attempts to use it x times there are usually policies in place to lock the account at x+1 attempts

Account numbers are essentially public. Everytime you write a check or give it to someone to pay a bill it is released into a workstream where a lot of people will have access to it.

Accounts go dormant because of inactivity of the account - no credits or withdrawals which are active. The customer is responsible for their own access rights and viewing their statements for illegitimate transactions. Most countries and banks have very strong controls on activity and consumer rights.

Dormant accounts are disabled at the transaction level for most banks. You have to visit a branch or prove your identity to take it out of dormant status.

Brad

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Anyone here used Nochex in the past?
    ... "Andy Whitfield" <andy whitfield 2002 at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote in ... administration charge of no more than ?2.00 per quarter on dormant accounts. ... I see the bit about if you don't access your account for 180 days they 'may' close it. ...
    (uk.people.consumers.ebay)
  • Re: Missing millions
    ... So if one has an account but has made a decision not to ... The banks are computerised. ... > My bank may take the view I have 2 dormant accounts, ... Best I can get gross is about 5%. ...
    (uk.people.disability)
  • Re: Connection.IsolationLevel = adXactSerializable and timeout
    ... Yup, I expect a Counton a non PK column can result in a table lock, but ... let's say we have a table named Account: ... > So I create a transaction and wrap the SELECT and INSERT inside it. ... >> get the server to answer that a connection is available. ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • Re: Connection.IsolationLevel = adXactSerializable and timeout
    ... let's say we have a table named Account: ... So I create a transaction and wrap the SELECT and INSERT inside it. ... Doesn't INSERT automatically create a table lock? ... > get the server to answer that a connection is available. ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • RE: Logon fails on first attempt
    ... RE Crumbs and Dust: I don't think that this is the issue. ... If I lock the computer, and attempt to unlock the computer, the first time I ... You may think the pointer is active inside the textbox and you type the ... What happen if you created another account and use a password for it, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)