MD5-Hash of a SHA-1-Hash unsecure?

Hey guys,

I've written a program which can store files encrypted ( http://h4des.org/index.php?inhalt=kastalia ). The user enters a password when he wants to encrypt a file. The programm makes a SHA-1-Hash of this password and transfers it from the browser to the server. When the encryption starts, the program makes a MD5-Hash of this SHA-1-Hash for the IV of the blowfish algorithm.

Here is my question: Is it less secure when I make a MD5-Hash of a SHA-1-Hash?

Regards,

--
[] Andre Pawlowski

visit http://h4des.org

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MD5-Hash of a SHA-1-Hash unsecure?
    ... password when he wants to encrypt a file. ... The programm makes a ... SHA-1-Hash of this password and transfers it from the browser to the ... has the option to store the files encrypted on the server so ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: [PHP] Re: Encrypt database table
    ... and hey use truecrypt to encrypt the whole ... can also get the keys to decrypt / encrypt so ... the DB viewer or lock his desktop. ... Mr. ShouldntBeInHere walks by, sees ...
    (php.general)
  • Permissions for Decrypting files
    ... Hey people, ... I recently encypted some word documents and now i need access them but ... Can that effect my documants. ... don;t have permission and when i un-check the "encrypt" box it says: ...
  • Re: Scareware finding porn on my machine
    ... and the external script and graphics files. ... wanna zip and encrypt with a pass and email it to me? ... all good and I can go down (whoa) ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: PING PT (you know what...) fans - railway1.asc (0/1)
    ... >Hey I like to know how to enter in the group, ... >Please tell me about the safety rules, etc., etc. ... >I can't say anything more without encrypt... ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.security.pgp.test)