From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Mohit Sharma
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:51 AM
To: security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Inventory Tools

Dear List,

I'm looking for some free tools which can be used to collect the basic
asset data (like processor speed, RAM, hard disk space. MS
windows/Office version along with keys if possible). I want to use
these tools over the WAN (connectivity over VSAT to branch locations) to
track the asset configurations and for licensing compliance management
purpose.

I've looked at some options like BMC Discovery and Altris but these are
expensive tools. Any suggestions will be helpful.

--
Regards;

Mohit Sharma
Information Security Manager
Sahara India Financial Corporation Limited

O< ASCII ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail