Re: Learn SELinux

I find Coker page[0] about SELinux very interesting, and you always have
his SELinux Play machine.

Hope it helps.

[0] -

|o_o | Tiago 'gouki' Faria [ gouki@xxxxxxxxxxx ]
|:_/ |
// \ \ Jabber: gouki@xxxxxxxxxxx
(| | ) WWW:
/'\_ _/`\

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 12:50 -0200, Martin Spinassi wrote:
Hello all.

I'm trying to understand SELinux and learning how to use it. I think
it's pretty much THE way to securize a system.

Sadly, I haven't found something like a complete manual at NSA site.
Anyway I'm reading them (not the presentations).

Can you point me some good reading about SELinux?
Anyone with some comments or experiences about it?

Thanks to all!

  • Re: trying out older (read-only, noexec, mount) security methods
    ... I have learned a lot by reading your and Alexander Dalloz's ... I must confess without your reading your answer on SELinux I ...
  • Turning off SELINUX
    ... After reading this, I am turning off SELINUX ... Until I hear of a thorough code review by a non-USA team of this code, ...
  • Re: Announcing the third test release of Fedora Core 2
    ... On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 15:05, Jay Daniels wrote: ... > I will have to catch up on some reading. ... but pretty much everywhere SELinux has been mentioned in passing. ...
  • Re: Sarge fsck problem with RHEL4 ext3 ?
    ... > I remember reading somewhere that since SELinux is on by default in ... > RHEL4, it creates extended attributes in every file it creates. ... I turned SELinux off during install. ... Mount Holyoke College ...
  • Re: Selinux and Nvidia drivers
    ... Does selinux try to prevent the nvidia driver from being loaded? ... Then I guess I should finally start reading up on ... selinux and not trust my 'intuition' anymore. ... I thought the nvidia driver being a "fremdkörper" and all ... ...