Re: ASPXSPY

Jared,
I think your best bet is going to be getting off Windows 2000 ASAP. If you can't afford to go to Windows 2003 or 2008 then you can use MONO for your ASP run time on a linux variant.

----- "Jared C. Henry" <jared.henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Everyone,
I had a quick question. I was looking at one of my servers awhile ago
and discovered an aspx file called "kk.aspx". After looking at the
code
it was quickly determined that it was a rootkit. After launching the
page from the web and discovering it's capabilities I started to get
sick at my stomach. Has anyone had any type of experience with this?
deleted the files. The server is running server 2000. Is there any
type
of recent exploits that would allow this that you know of?

Thanks,
Jared

Relevant Pages

  • 403 1 Forbidden: Execute Access Forbidden
    ... Trying to install a .NET application on a Windows 2003 Server and for any. ... aspx file get the following error: ... -Verified the ASP.NET is an allowed Web Service Extension ...
  • RE: ASPXSPY
    ... If you can't afford to go to Windows 2003 or 2008 then you can use MONO for your ASP run time on a linux variant. ... and discovered an aspx file called "kk.aspx". ... page from the web and discovering it's capabilities I started to get ... The server is running server 2000. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: ASPXSPY
    ... knowing more about your setup and its respective capabilities. ... and discovered an aspx file called "kk.aspx". ... page from the web and discovering it's capabilities I started to get ... The server is running server 2000. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • ASPXSPY
    ... I was looking at one of my servers awhile ago ... and discovered an aspx file called "kk.aspx". ... page from the web and discovering it's capabilities I started to get ... The server is running server 2000. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: ASPXSPY
    ... deleting the shell won't help you much. ... If you can't afford to go to Windows 2003 or 2008 then you can use MONO for your ASP run time on a linux variant. ... page from the web and discovering it's capabilities I started to get ... The server is running server 2000. ...
    (Security-Basics)