From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Basha, Arif
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 10:23 PM
To: Douglas C. Duckworth; Rob
Cc: Eifrém Strinnholm Jonas; amatachick@xxxxxxxxx; security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Encrypted or Not Encrypted

I think Rob is talking about the difference similar to the two following sites:

http://wachovia.com/

and

https://onlineservices.wachovia.com/auth/AuthService?action=presentLogin&url=https%3a//onlineservices.wachovia.com/NASApp/NavApp/Titanium%3faction%3dreturnHome

So if you enter the password on the first URL, is it secured on its way to the second URL, where the SSL handshake is initiated from?