RE: Sizing the Information Security Department

K7 -

As part of your business case, are you preparing an inventory of the assets requiring protection??
Computer Networks & Systems and the information residing on these systems are just as important corporate assets as compared to more tangible assets such as buildings, materials, etc. Everyone understands why a company needs a security guard to the entrance of a building, but not everyone necessarily understands why a guard is needed for Information Security - the inventory will assist in demonstrating the need.