Re: If somebody wants to sponsor it...

you work for a big corporate, why don't they sponser it?

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Craig Wright <Craig.Wright@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
Being that there are vulnerable coffee makers (Java DoS), there may also be vulnerable fridges and other appliances. :)

Such as - http://www.whirlpool.com/content.jsp?sectionId=1205

The fridge that connects to your iPod.And the Internet.etc

If anybody wants to sponsor it I would be happy to do a security assessment of Internet connected appliances. I could use more stupidly connected devices with added features that seem strangely out of place ;)

Regards,
Craig

Craig Wright
Manager, Risk Advisory Services

Direct : +61 2 9286 5497
Craig.Wright@xxxxxxxxxx
+61 417 683 914

BDO Kendalls (NSW-VIC) Pty. Ltd.
Level 19, 2 Market Street Sydney NSW 2000
GPO BOX 2551 Sydney NSW 2001
Fax +61 2 9993 9497
http://www.bdo.com.au/

The information in this email and any attachments is confidential. If you are not the named addressee you must not read, print, copy, distribute, or use in any way this transmission or any information it contains. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return email, destroy all copies and delete it from your system.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and not necessarily endorsed by BDO Kendalls. You may not rely on this message as advice unless subsequently confirmed by fax or letter signed by a Partner or Director of BDO Kendalls. It is your responsibility to scan this communication and any files attached for computer viruses and other defects. BDO Kendalls does not accept liability for any loss or damage however caused which may result from this communication or any files attached. A full version of the BDO Kendalls disclaimer, and our Privacy statement, can be found on the BDO Kendalls website at http://www.bdo.com.au/ or by emailing mailto:administrator@xxxxxxxxxxx

BDO Kendalls is a national association of separate partnerships and entities. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.