Re: Re: Skype readies for Enterprise?

Thanks for all your replies. But most of the publications are a bit old e.g. 2005. Are they still reflecting the truth of current verion of Skype (v3)?

When I compare to other VC products, Skype bascially has most of the functions e.g. encryption. Somehow it is hard to resist....

I am not saying Skype is good for corporations. From IT stand point, they don't want to have it because of lack of control and audit trails, vendor support, unknown encryption details etc. But these technical issues are hard to get business users understand. So what I am now thinking is that will Skype eats up huge amount of bandwidth. If yes, then I can put this into $$ value and business users can understand. Anyone has any experience on this?

Thanks so much,
Wang

Relevant Pages

  • Re: is mod_python borked?
    ... broken, or just plain sucking. ... Any truth to any of that? ... Skype: holdenweb http://holdenweb.blogspot.com ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Skype readies for Enterprise?
    ... However, the reports and writings seem a bit old, e.g. 2005. ... Are they really reflecting the current version of Skype? ... So do u guys have any experience or information on how Skype will eat up the network bandwidth? ...
    (Security-Basics)