Re: Re: Skype readies for Enterprise?
- From: ACWANG0048@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 17 May 2008 14:53:19 -0000
Thanks for all your replies. But most of the publications are a bit old e.g. 2005. Are they still reflecting the truth of current verion of Skype (v3)?
When I compare to other VC products, Skype bascially has most of the functions e.g. encryption. Somehow it is hard to resist....
I am not saying Skype is good for corporations. From IT stand point, they don't want to have it because of lack of control and audit trails, vendor support, unknown encryption details etc. But these technical issues are hard to get business users understand. So what I am now thinking is that will Skype eats up huge amount of bandwidth. If yes, then I can put this into $$ value and business users can understand. Anyone has any experience on this?
Thanks so much,
- Prev by Date: Wireless Internet network for the enterprise
- Next by Date: Firewall Logging question?
- Previous by thread: Re: Skype readies for Enterprise?
- Next by thread: Re: Skype readies for Enterprise?