Re: Masters in Information Security/Assurance

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 10:41:46AM -0400, Elizabeth Tolson wrote:
I am in the process of obtaining my MSIA from Capitol College in
Maryland. I am now taking my 5th class. I am taking them on-line.
The classes are limited to 25 students. We have labs, projects,
presentations by students and, in this class I am taking now, a
debate.

The instructors are GREAT!! They have made it known that they can be
contacted at home for additional assistance.

I am very happy with the college. Classes are $505 per hour

Um . . . is that per actual hour, or per credit-hour?

Larry Wall: "A script is what you give the actors. A program is what you
give the audience."

  • Re: Industry Standards?
    ... The kit they have in the labs is mainly PICs ... There is a huge number of controller families and development tools, ... toolchain chosen doesn't matter because the students will surely have ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: OT: Global Warming new spin
    ... over an area of science. ... Graduate students have written papers long before the 2000s. ... I'd start with how it has become too competitive in a bad sort of way due to the huge amounts of money now involved (publish or perish and saturated fields leading to too little cooperation between labs and the chance you could lose millions in grant money and your substantial salary --> more money in patents leading to little cooperation due to universities freaking out about material transfers ---> universities/states pushing scientists to establish independent companies which makes them horde intellectual property even more tightly) ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • openssh, pam and debian: how to configure ssh to use custom pam authentication module
    ... I want to install Debian "Lenny" server to be used from my students ... from the computer labs of my university. ... the sshd displays regular password ...
    (SSH)
  • Applying GPOs based on computer names
    ... I work for a university with about 15,000 students. ... giving all of our students their own active directory login. ... purposes, (some are classroom labs, and some are open labs) but the students ...
  • Re: Applying GPOs based on computer names
    ... Our main problem is that different computer labs on campus are used for different purposes, but the students will be using the same login everywhere. ... On User OU configure some commmon GPO setting for users in every situation. ...