Re: Firewall for Windows Server 2003

Richard Hartnell wrote:
To protect a server and network, if that is your question, ISA would
be ideal. It integrates with active directory and provides advanced
application filtering, a must with the advent of http applications.
What environment are you protecting? What kind of security do you
need? ISA may be ideal or overkill.

We have over 100 Windows-servers to protect. In our environment there is alot of different services with different needs.

We need a FW-solution that can filter any traffic on the 4th-layer and is easy to administer.

--
mvh
Jørgen H.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: hello?
    ... some small part of that environment. ... You wrote some visual target recognizer software which runs on a real ... How can you say the hardware is not "dealing with" the light from ... to that environment can accurately be described as a "filtering" effect. ...
    (comp.ai.philosophy)
  • Re: Filtering diesel fumes at case intake?
    ... >for use in this environment inside the case. ... >filtering, diesel fumes enter into the case past our filters. ... Electrostatic air filters are effective in dealing with extremely tiny ... charged particles can be attracted to and stick to the walls. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc)
  • Re: AIG on Natural Selection
    ... Lets presume he called it "environmental filtering", ... be a pattern or a design, would there be any intent? ... and call it a design. ... environment has no intent. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Filtering hardware addresses within a NIC
    ... I was thinking of a strictly IP environment. ... Broadcast frames should be a very small percentage of overall traffic ... "Unicast/Multicast Rx frame filtering for up to 256 address/mask ... NICs handle the filtering. ...
    (comp.dcom.lans.ethernet)
  • Re: IMF settings
    ... environment is going to be different. ... Use Connection Filtering using zen.spamhaus.org and one or two others... ... For the IMF v2 there are two areas: Gateway and Store. ... e-mails with an SCL of 5 and 6 are sent to the user's Junk E-Mail folder ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)