Security Trend Analysis

Hi All,

I am tasked with coming up with a security trend analysis reports. The
objective of the report is to identify threats and have a "situational
awareness". I have access to logs from internet facing devices like
firewalls, web proxy, IDS and email servers. Our network traffic is
very heavy and the logs are simply overwhelming.

It is a very big challenge to correlate all the and come up with some
kind of trends related to security. I am trying to find resources
related to IT security threat analysis (framework, threat analysis
models etc) I have also studied some very good reports like Symantec
biannual ISTR. For starters, a baseline must be established followed
by studying temporal trends and associational trends studies.

From Google, the only relevant material I have found is the document
"Models of information security trend analysis" from www.cert.org. Any
inputs, software, references or maybe just advices on how to start
this challenging task?

Thanks all in advance,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OS X is not as secure as you think
    ... > by security researchers (important aspect that I had not really thought ... 81 patches this year from Apple, ... Surely as far as security trends are concerned the one worth mentioning is ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Purpose of BI?
    ... should BI be used only for internal business intelligence, e.g., trends and ... analysis for senior managment and marketing, or can it also be appropriately ... We have daily/weekly/monthly reports ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.datawarehouse)
  • Information /IT security publications
    ... magazines blogs etc you will recommend to ... follow for refreshment of knowledge and getting up to date knowledge ... and trends in security? ...
    (Security-Basics)